Do you have the answers to any of these questions about GHS and your products?
- Are you aware of the impact of GHS on the classification of your products?
- Will your cost of transport be affected by the new classifications?
- Will you be able to market the product in the same way?
- Is your product classification the same as it was?
- Should you consider substituting substances to reduce the classifications?
- Are you entering into new markets and want to know how the products are going to be classified?
- Are any of your products identified on any country lists?
- Do any of your products need to be registered?
KMK has the expertise and capability to build a full range of customized Hazard Assessment solutions to answer these questions.
With our hazardous assessment services and solutions, KMK can help you identify if your current products will be in compliance with future regulations. By analyzing your substances and mixtures using the new GHS calculations, we can reveal how your product will look under the new GHS classifications. Then we can develop a variety of Hazard Assessment Reports, (HART) to give you the information you need to facilitate a smooth transition of your products to GHS.
The GHS, Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) is a UN initiative for global hazard communication, it is now being adopted in North America. GHS introduces an improved system of classification for chemical substances by type of hazard, and harmonized hazard communication elements including phrases and symbols. North American manufacturers, suppliers and users of chemicals will be required to comply with GHS in a very short time frame. In the United States alone, it is estimated that 5 million workplaces will be affected.